The Senior Talent Consultant leads and executes processes, programs and relationship management responsibilities that align to the Talent Center of Expertise’s global strategies and plans. Reporting to the Regional Talent Acquisition Lead, APAC, the primary focus is on performing targeted full life-cycle recruitment to meet staffing goals in assigned area and across various functions within the company. This person also acts as the local talent development resource supporting multiple leaders and functions in the geography to include a focus on leadership and manager development as well as employee career development.
1. Translate business needs (from talent reviews, business plans and growth strategies) into talent acquisition actions; effectively implement global strategies, processes, programs and tools to attract and select high performing talent for all career levels including direct and skilled manufacturing and experienced professionals.
2. Work with the Regional Talent Acquisition Lead, APAC to drive the company’s continuous improvement approach to talent acquisition, as well as optimization of talent research resources and tools. Administer and communicate Talent Acquisition KPIs and metrics.
3. Develop relationships with third party recruitment agencies and staffing firms. Act as the liaison between the third-party and the hiring manager.
4. Develop and maintain a network of diverse candidates by using direct sourcing, social media, job boards, Internet, company’s career site, internal referrals, advertising, third-party agencies and other technical means to source candidates. Stay informed of diversity trends and innovative recruiting techniques.
5. Use the company's technology to manage job requisitions and applicant data and to automate the recruiting process via a defined workflow. Run and distribute metrics reports and status updates regularly.
6. Review candidate resumes and credentials for appropriateness of skills, experience and knowledge in relation to position requirements. Create and communicate pre-screening questions to hiring managers for collaboration and approval. Pre-screen candidates prior to presentation.
7. Consult and influence internal clients while providing a high level of service. Clearly define and communicate process and respective roles. Prepare hiring managers and interview teams to understand job requirements and expectations. Ensure candidates are assessed (including appropriate formal assessments) against appropriate criteria. Follow-up regularly and ensure timeliness of the recruitment process. Promote and manage adherence to Global Talent Acquisition standards, processes and guidelines.
8. Represent the company to candidates in a positive and professional manner. Sources talent for key open positions and proactively builds talent pipelines for future mission critical and strategic needs. Effectively manages use of sourcing tools in order to optimally promote the company and increase positive awareness in the market. Provides talent research activities and targeted talent intelligence gathering.
9. Recruit candidates and extend offers of employment to selected candidates in collaboration with the hiring manager and HR Business Partner, while operating within the guidelines of the company's compensation policy and Global Talent Acquisition standards.
10. Partner with the Talent COE talent development team to identify and respond to learning and development needs for leaders, managers and employees. Locally execute global talent development programs, which may include managing external facilitators or facilitating programs and processes.
11. Act as the liaison and point of contact responsible for communicating to the Talent COE country-specific requirements meant for customizing global talent development programs and processes so that they meet local regulations and cultural needs.
12. Ensure global succession and development planning processes are executing with excellence in the country.
Bachelor’s degree in a related field of business is required.
Master’s degree preferred in a human resources or business related field
· Minimum 10 years of professional experience in the full life-cycle recruiting
· Experience in multiple recruiting environments (i.e., more than one organization or agency) with a wide variety of job disciplines required
· Experience in pharma / biotech / medical device recruiting highly preferred
· Familiarity with Workforce Planning concepts and methodology strongly preferred
· Previous experience using a top-tier applicant tracking system (experience using Workday a plus)
· Leadership / executive recruiting experience required (up to Sr. Director level)
· At least 5 years recruiting experience within Japan
· A of internal and consulting or agency experience preferred
· Deep knowledge of local employment related laws required
· LinkedIn Recruiter experience required
· Experience working regionally required – global experience highly desired
· Minimum Business Level of both Japanese and English required